2.10.10

Awaken the Sleeping (Blogging) Giant

 


It seems like the only time I get to update this blog is when I'm TDY...I swear I'll try to do better but as it stands..this is what it is. Anyway the setting of this written picture is Pakistan. I gotta be on one of the most boring deployments ever..the crazy part is that I have no clue when I'm getting back to the wonderful world of wireless internets. At least there's a few cool people on this one. For those who may (not) read this and have never been on a TDY or deployment, its basically going to an unsafe place and being confined to a small area. I don't want to compare it to prison though. Prisons are much bigger. It's getting pretty crazy though because I'm here with the Army. The Army loooooves to make dumb ass rules that they expect grown people to follow. Not saying they aren't necessary...whenever one of the talking  heads on your favorite 24 hour news channel mentions how they send brave young men and women to the warzones, it's not an exaggeration. They are young, but not child prodigies. Think about how smart you have to be to run into the direction of oncoming fire. Think about what other kinds of things you will do with that level of intelligence. This is my life now.

I sound like I'm complaining alot...but really I'm Mr. Brightside. As in the Brightside of this is that eventually I will see an increase in pay, you know family separation, iimminent danger...uhh by the way, there are the Pakistani Special Forces (SSG) guys no more than 50 feet away from me at all times. With weapons. Loaded weapons. Have you read the news lately...yeah they aren't too pleased with us right now. Even though we are here to help. LOL (not really). Guess how many loaded weapons I have in my immediate possession in case of danger...Lemme stop you right there. It seems the enemy of my enemy may very well be my enemy.
Hello my friend...
Geopolitics aside, the untold story of isolation in a military environment is the basis for every story ever told. The chemistry between man and woman. Or in this case 350 men and 30 women. One of which I work with. This means an endless parade of dudes with no apparent job coming in to hit on her. To her credit she's pretty cool, but these dudes have the weakest game. Here's an example, one guy sent his boy over here to let her know that "He's had his eye on {her}, and wants {her} to know that he's going to make his move soon." Young girls, if this is the stuff that works these days, I'm glad I'm married. Other dudes are just becoming a nuisance. I applaud their effort, but fellas, you gotta show some class. And anyways this isn't like a real deployment where you can find places to "handle your B.I." this is a confined space, did I mention the guards. But they already found used jimmy hats (for the old school bonus) behind the trailers. On a unrelated note, at least 3 people have seen the doc for STD's.


...In your crotch

I'm really bored here seeing as how it's already turned into GroundHog Day...But I did get to watch the latest season of The Boondocks (I likes ya, and I wantcha) and I've read a few books already (Good Omens, The Lost Symbol..working on The Strain) so I've got a little bit to keep me entertained. The food isn't bad (raise your hand if you've ever eaten pigeon!). The main drawback to this is that I miss my little Munchee-chee and my family and friends in Tacoma (and everywhere else). But as pseudo-deep friends will tell you when you least want to hear it, "This too shall pass." And when it does....I'm gonna get drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment